Friday, October 24, 2008

Detour! Kenmare flooded and access to Beara Peninsula jeopardized!

I is for Ireland
Driving through gale force Irishwinds and rain with little chance for photographs without our "submersible" camera, we arrive in west Killarney, just ahead of the next tempest. Almost got to a new (old!) stone circle during a break in the clouds on the Beara, but gave up after a km slosh up a mountain creek, No Seamus sightings on the pass, but, upon inquiry regarding Seamus the shepherd at Murphie's Pub (at start of Healy's pass), made fleeting friends with 2 Guiness officiados (hick!) who discussed all the non-Seamus shepherds they recall.

Pictures of a large Ogham Stone we saw will follow upon our return.

Question for JGB:
Where are you and how did you find our blogsite? Thanks, TomandBon

2 comments:

JGB said...

I live in Connecticut, USA. I travel to Ireland whenever I can and I love the Beara. Your blog was emailed to me from Google Alerts because of my Google blog alert for Beara Peinsula. I look forward to following your travels!

Christine O'Brien said...

Shirley said Seamus the shepard doesn't really exist, but keep trying!! Christine